Sanyo NCR18650BF Cell Specifications

TheBatteries

Administrator
Warning: The information in this thread was obtained from various sources on the Internet, including any datasheets linked below, and is provided for reference only. It is not guaranteed to be accurate. To prevent fire or personal injury, never charge or discharge a cell before verifying the information yourself using the original specifications sheet provided by the manufacturer.

Brand:Sanyo
Model:NCR18650BF
Capacity:3200mAh Rated
Voltage:3.60V Nominal
Charging:4.20V Maximum
1625mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
Discharging:2.50V Cutoff
1625mA Standard
3200mA Maximum
Description:Red Cell Wrapper
Brown Insulator Ring
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
http://www.all-battery.com/datasheet/NCR18650BF_Datasheet.pdf

Pictures:
None. Please submit some!

image_opsbue.jpg

image_xwsvdr.jpg

non-recycled. These were bought new

Sorry about not getting the part number, hard to see even with a flashlight and my eyes

Nope they are Panasonic NCR chemistry cells Panasonic purchased Sanyo in 2009
The just haven't changed labeling and insulator sleeve colors. (Don't know why)

However any Li-Ion cell can become a heater and for some reason Sanyo is taking the brunt of the blame.
I believe one of those reasons is that Sanyo cells were used in a lot and I mean millions of battery packs.
They where designed with a reasonable cycle life 400 to 500 cycles. After that they where supposed to be
properly disposed of. Unbeknownst to Sanyo though when the BMS on the Battery Pack said "get a new Battery"
there batteries where discarded and entered into the DIY recovery stream.
Some of these batteries when charged became known to be heaters as their temperature would exceed what we felt was excessive.
Rightly so as they where beyond their life expectancy. Any one with a proper IR tester could have determined that the cell was out of spec
and should be discarded into the proper disposal channel.. Why waste your time testing a cell that is no good.
I have charged literally hundreds of Sanyo cells of all capacity's, BTW a true Sanyo call Starts with UR18650...,
and by adhering to strict min V and max IR values have never encountered a heater using this method

Wolf

Back