Samsung ICR18650-30A Cell Specifications

TheBatteries

Administrator
Warning: The information in this thread was obtained from various sources on the Internet, including any datasheets linked below, and is provided for reference only. It is not guaranteed to be accurate. To prevent fire or personal injury, never charge or discharge a cell before verifying the information yourself using the original specifications sheet provided by the manufacturer.

Brand:Samsung
Model:ICR18650-30A
Capacity:3000mAh Rated
Voltage:3.70V Nominal
Charging:4.30V Maximum
1500mA Standard
6000mA Maximum
Discharging:2.75V Cutoff
440mA Standard
6000mA Maximum
Description:Purple (Light) Cell Wrapper
White Insulator Ring
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
http://www.meircell.co.il/files/Samsung ICR18650-30A.pdf

Pictures:

image_cslqog.jpg

image_xdipkq.jpg

OK, this is getting complicated:

I always test my cells at 1000mA discharge current, going from a 4.2V full charge down to 3.0V on testers with separate voltage sensing leads. I use only cells that are over 75% of their nominal capacity in my builds. However, I am now seeing more and more cells that have a full-charge voltage of 4.35V and a cut-off voltage of 2.75V, like the cell from Samsung in question.

I have a munch of iMax X6 hobby chargers and a couple of Liitokala Lii-500 clever ones as well. Anyone knows of a way I could charge a cell up to 4.35V with these devices? I can easily then test a couple of cells down to 2.75V at 500mA and adjust the rest of the cells' SOH accordingly.

I would expect an increase of around 5-6% at SOH if I test according to specs.

Here's the most recent spec sheet I could find (the one linked here doesn't work):
http://gamma.spb.ru/media/pdf/liion-lipolymer-lifepo4-akkumulyatory/ICR18650-30A.pdf
(shouldn't the spec sheets be saved somewhere on this server, btw?)

According to lygte-info(slightly different cell), the per-specs testing should boost capacity around 16%, compared to my typical testing!

This is what I put under a 'cheat cell' spec. Same as 28As, 28Bs.
I have tested some 28 As and Bs and was not impressed. They are kind of the equivalent of the 26F but they state you can charge them more. You gain ~200-400mAh and lower its lifetime/cycles.

Most likely they used slightly altered chemistry like they did on the phone batteries.

Verdict: over-chargeable 26F.

Back