Sanyo UR18650ZT Cell Specifications

TheBatteries

Administrator
Warning: The information in this thread was obtained from various sources on the Internet, including any datasheets linked below, and is provided for reference only. It is not guaranteed to be accurate. To prevent fire or personal injury, never charge or discharge a cell before verifying the information yourself using the original specifications sheet provided by the manufacturer.

Brand:Sanyo
Model:UR18650ZT (R1122)
Capacity:2650mAh Rated
Voltage:3.70V Nominal
Charging:4.30V Maximum
1890mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
Discharging:3.00V Cutoff
530mA Standard
5300mA Maximum
Description:Orange Cell Wrapper
Purple Insulator Ring
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
https://na.industrial.panasonic.com/sites/default/pidsa/files/ur18650zt_0.pdf

Pictures:

image_uhsnam.jpg

image_cbkecf.jpg

image_zaarov.jpg

image_yababn.jpg

mike said:
How do we positively identify this is a UR18650ZT then? Just by the ring color/wrap color? I need to go through and double check all of the Saynos at some point.

There is another way,I'm surprised no-one else has noticed before.
I'm not sure it's 100% reliable, but combined with the ring color, especially for those that have similar coloured rings (blue's and teal etc) I think it works.
I haven't processed my Sanyo's yet so no photo's, but I'll try to take some and post in the relevant pages in the next day or two.

EDIT: Just found a photo on google I can use....
Under the wrapper (most can be readthrough the wrapper)
ZT followed by two digits. Those two digits will change, but the ZT stays the same.
This seems to hold true for most of my differentSanyo's (FJ, FK, Y etc)with onlya few exceptions.

image_njncgl.jpg

I have just processed such cells yesterday
The brand "Sanyo" and the model "UR18650ZT" are embossed on the wrapping itself. You can see it by slowly turning the battery in your hands with a good light source.

I have 8 such cells with same colors and top, SANYO R1122 is embossed in the wrapping and on a second line 009B not mentioning 18650ZT or somethng else.
Also a laserprint on the cell is shinning through the wrapper: 0B3Z2D on all cells and the next line a different number on each cell like:113566 or 116568 or 113564
All discharge tested at 2100-2200mAh.

I have some of these with QH2ZTBD with second line 074613 and the letter C on its own as found on other Sanyo variants. The negative end terminal has AOH2C3 laser etched. They were out of Lenovo notebook battery packs.

Another batch had QF4ZTBD on first line and 033470 on second line with C on its own.

Today I harvested 4 of these Sanyo cell from my 2014Dell Inspiron 3000 series laptop. They tested fairly well: IR -112,112,116,117 , capacity - 2302,2301,2367,2334 mAh. That is 86.8% to 89.3% of theiroriginal spec, not bad after 5 years service.
image_bxhlek.jpg

Unusually Round :LOL:

How to purchase new 18650 batteries (Sanyo/Panasonic) for my laptop ?. Any help ?
I am from India.

Back